Monday, April 16, 2007

Cardiomygod

Man! Once again to anyone who attributes my not-being-fatness to “genes” or “metabolism” need only take a quick peek at my schedule this week to realize otherwise. Tonight I’m going to be hitting the gym for the first time in a while (given a mass build-up of guilt) due to illness over the last couple of weeks. I’ll probably do about 45 minutes of weights and 45 minutes of cardio on the Elliptical. So that’s day 1, I’ll probably do chest/shoulders/tri’s as legs will not be an option. Tomorrow at lunch I’ll be playing hockey for 1.5 hours with my boss and co-workers. Wednesday I will likely hit the gym again at lunch for back/bi’s. Thursday is 1.5 hours of hockey at lunch and another hour in the evening. Then on Friday another one hour game after work.

Putting in about 5 hours of hockey this week should be good given my recent drop-off in offense presence. 1 goal over the past 2 months of hockey is pretty pathetic since I play wing. I’m hoping I’ll get at least one goal this week at least. I’ve been missing a lot of shots by not only shooting them over the net but over the boards. I’m cutting down my Sherwood hockey stick because I’ve noticed it’s longer than my other sticks. So right now I’m blaming that for my recent scoring draught.

It’s easier than blaming it on my complete lack of skill.

No comments: