Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Oops I left my voice at home

Damnit I knew I forgot something!


Well I was off all day yesterday due to illness but decided today I was going drag myself into the office come hell or highwater. There’s a long weekend coming up and I thought it’d be uber suspicious for me to be taking two days off sick during a 4 day work week. Actually when I woke up this morning I felt pretty good. I brushed my teeth, used a little mouthwash, popped a Strepsil and a couple of Tylenol Cold & Sinus. I felt a lot better than yesterday and thought I could face the day. The drive was pretty easy and my head was feeling clear so I thought I was finally out of the woods.


Then I tried to talk. Tried being the operative word. I tried to say “Good morning” to a coworker upon arrival in the office and it kind of came out like “Kroaknin.” I mustered a raspy “Morning” after a couple of attempts. It’s continued like that pretty much all morning so far my voice coming and going and breaking up in awkward honks and croaks. I’m glad I don’t feel as bad as yesterday but it still makes it really difficult to do my job. Best of all I have a customer meeting in the afternoon where I’ll have to talk for a solid hour. Looks like another early night tonight with some more Vicks Vaporub and soup.

Honk

1 comment:

Richard said...

I'm sure Cloudie is enjoying the silence. ;)