Tuesday, April 10, 2007

More things I would and wouldn't do with my Tiburon

Okay tomorrow will DEFINITELY be a hockey post so today another car post Why not!

Sunday I talked about 3 potential Tiburon upgrades I've seen around the weeb, so here are three more!

Front bumper aluminum grill: Don't know what it is about the grill effect but I have to say I like it. Unlike the body kits with big plastic mouldings and "ground effects" the addition of the grill adds a visual improvement to the front of the car while not drawing too much attention. I think if you saw it on a Tiburon you'd just assume it belongs there, which doesn't make people in Civics want to "drag" you on the "quarter mile." Which is good and bad. I would like to smoke your Civic.

Turbo Charger: More power! This effectively turns your Sporty Coupe in to a legitimate Sports Car and screams with balls. Not to mention you can tuck it all beneath your hood and have infinite power to destroy almost any vehicle on the road in acceleration. The problem? Other than the $3000 dollar price tag and the divorce there are a few issues with a Turbo charger. Maybe the fact that you'd likely have to change your engine headers, catback, exhaust, intake and clutch and add a torque dampener to even control the additional power at the crank so you don't drive into a orphanage the first time you hit the gas.

Lowering Springs: So you want to really carve those turns? You have to lower your center of gravity. Easiest way to do that is with lowering springs. And good news they don't cost that much? Bad news your ride probably won't be very smooth since you have less of a buffer between the ground and the frame of your car, because a sporty stance requires stiff suspension. Really the killer for me is when you have to take the long way around at the mall because you don't have the clearance to drive over a speed bump. The Tiburon is already startlingly low to the ground and I have a strict "Speedbumps be damned" policy that would not work with this.

I would've wrote longer but I have to poo

No comments: