Thursday, March 29, 2007

Gotta strip and lube tonight but it won't be fun.

Post #10

Whenever I think of playing paintball I relish the actual playing of the game. I do not however relish the idea of maintaining my equipment. For those out there who use Tippmans (the AK-47 of paintball guns) maintenance involves squeezing two drops of oil into the bottle adapter and shooting it. My paintball gun is not so forgiving. My marker is considered “High End” which has the benefits of minimal recoil, ridiculous rates of fire, higher accuracy and greatly improved airflow and regulation. If the Tippy is a club the Wrath is a samurai sword.

Unfortunately this samurai sword has low pressure hoses, barbs, a solenoid and more electronics than the nightstand in a divorcee’s bedroom. The process of stripping, cleaning and reassembling my marker is arduous at best. So tonight after hockey I’m looking forward to about 2 hours in the living room with a news paper removing pieces, oiling and reassembling. Yippee. Although it’s all worth it tomorrow night when I’m mowing faces like no-one’s business.

Are those my balls on your face?

No comments: