Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I don't mean to be a poseur... honest!

Post #9

It’s funny how some people spend so much time trying to make their cars look cool to 10% of the population and look incredibly gay to the other 90%. Whether it’s the neon running lights, whale tail spoilers or spinner wheel covers there are some serious auto-fashion faux pas. Unfortunately one of these heinous acts was perpetrated on both Daejin and my vehicles by the previous owners.

The act in question is putting a big ass “GT-R” logo on the back. Arguably more silly on Daejin’s car because there wasn’t even a GT model of that year of Protégé. My car is a GT so it almost makes sense… but it’s still gay. For those of you who are not familiar with the genealogy of the GT-R logo that’s no surprise. The GT-R in question was never actually released in North America. It’s the badge of the tuner-screamer the Nissan Skyline. The Skyline is a monster of Japanese car. It’s the Japanese car that makes Detroit shake at its foundation. Featured in one those Fast and… movies it’s a pretty infamous vehicle.

So basically putting a GT-R badge on your car is the equivalent of having Louis Vuiton purse with the Vs and Ls upside down. Anyone who knows anything about cars just thinks it’s really gay. I’ve heard you can use dental floss and a buffer to remove the offending tag. I might just have to do it. Unfortunately I can’t find a stock GT badge for a Tiburon anyway. Stupid Ricers!!!

How you lika my ride I driva sooooo fast bay-bee!

No comments: