Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The road to hell is paved with ice and snow

Well if you were a silly bastard like me you might assume that after last week things would start to go well again. Silly bastard!

Tuesday
I was planning on meeting my first customer at 11:30 today in Niagara Falls so instead of driving in to the office I slept in and decided to work from home then head out at 9:30. That was the plan anyway. The soccer mom across the street always parks her car along the curb in front of her house, which is fine except it's right in front of our driveway. So I can't really "gun" the car down the driveway to get over the log of ice left behind by Satan the snow plow driver so I have to make sure to cut the wheel "just so" Well this morning I didn't and I caught some of the hard packed ice and snow under my front axle. That was 9:30. Two and a half hours of chopping ice with a machette, jacking up my car, breaking my shovel and putting boards under the wheels I finally got the damn thing out. A half an hour after my meeting in Niagara Falls. Needless to say I canceled the appointment this morning. Unfortunately now I have to try to juggle my whole schedule accordingly. Is it Spring yet!?!

It would give me great satisfaction to floor my car down my driveway into that fricken car

No comments: