Friday, March 2, 2007

That was one shitty week!

I was thinking about trying to come up with some kind of witty title for the week I had, but screw that. I'm too drained to bother. Let me take you through this week!

Monday
Having drove a combined total of about 12 hours over the weekend the 1 hour commute to Burlington seemed more horrible than usual. I got to work late, and just my luck my boss happened to beat me there. A customer called with a problem about 4:55 forcing me into a little extra overtime and a longer commute home. Yippee!

Tuesday
Tuesday was full of promise with the scheduling of a customer call in the afternoon I was all setup for a quick 3:30 retreat from work. Denied! The customer canceled and a bunch of paperwork seemed to fall into my lap to keep me busy 'til 5. I got out of the office at the usual time and turned the bend around the corner from the office when suddenly my car died. That might not sound too technical but damnit it died! The car basically turned into a soap-box racer and I fortunately managed to stear it into a parking lot. I called my insurance company to find out I did have tow coverage but I'd have to arrange the tow myself. I called my local Hyundai dealer to see if I could get a loaner. No of course their two loaners were out, and all the rent-a-car places were closed by the time the tow truck even got to me. So I had to call my Wife to pick me up. Unfortunately since my blackberry is about as good at being a phone as it is at being a ping pong paddle she didn't quite catch all my directions and ended up going the wrong way on 2 different highways. When we finally got home it was far too late to enjoy the evening. Eat, Shower, Sleep.

Wednesday
With no means of transportation I worked from home on Wednesday, which wasn't the worse thing ever. Hyundai called in the afternoon, they'd fixed the problem! It was a relay that controls the power to the fuel pump. Sure... whatever. So I gave them my Credit Card info and as soon as the Wife gets home from work we drive all the way to Burlington again. I pick up my car, jump on the highway and it turns into a skateboard again. I pull it off the side of the road and it's toast... AGAIN. Call Hyundai and ask the receptionist to call a tow truck. She's stupid and says she'll look up the number and call me back. Whilst we wait in the wife's car I move all my valuables out of the car and leave a note saying it's being towed. We finally get the Tow company's name and number, I call them. We wait a little bit and the truck arrives. I give the guy the key and we head off. At least we try. The wife turns the key and the engine goes "Hun... hun... hun.........huh...." Dead battery! Excellent. So the (impatient) truck driver grabs his booster pack, we try again "hun... hun... hun..........h" nothing. Now we're freaking out. THe driver goes back to his truck, recharges his booster pack (phew) and gets us going again.

Thursday
6:30 get up and get ready to rent a car. Take all my hockey equipment, jump in the wife's car head to rent office. Website wrong, office not opened yet. Get car. Cobalt (garbage.) Drive to Burlington, Late. Car still not fixed. Mechanics perplexed. Extend rental for another day. More money. Wicked snow storm. Play hockey anyway. 2 goals (yay!) Drive back home (2 hours)

Friday
2:30AM WAH-WAH-WAH-WAH-WAH HOLY FUCKING CRAP THERE'S A BURGLAR!!! Our alarm is going off. I'm running around the house in my underwear carrying a broomhandle like an angry native. Wicked storm has blown the garage door open (left the garage open?) Close garage door, close door to house. Go to bed.
2:39AM BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP Door AJAR!!!! Someone is sneaking in to kill my family! NO IT'S THE FUCKING WIND AGAIN! Prop chair against door handle like horror movie. Put away broomstick. Go to sleep....
at 3:40 when my heartrate finally gets below 180. Late to work again. Go to pick up car, book two quick customer appointments for another early retreat. Start up car. Engine light comes on. Spend 45 minutes fuming while car back in shop. Attempt to rearrange customer meetings. Leave Burlington at 4:00 instead of 3:00. Get home. Play video games. Say goodbye to the worse week ever!

If I had a get out of jail free card for a witty post script, I'd use it now!

1 comment:

TheRoss said...

Sweet merciful crap! I believe that is, by definition, the worst week ever. Unbelievable. At least it's behind you now.

(Sorry, I got no other words of encouragement)